Erik ten Hag explains how Man Utd have improved this season

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag explains how Man Utd have improved this season

Erik ten Hag has hailed his side's character after their come-from-behind win over Fulham in the FA Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/68c1b2b1d87adb314abbf7d13e42e378.jpg

Man Utd deservedly went behind at Old Trafford in the first half of the game on Sunday, but were able to capitalise on Fulham's complete capitulation - a capitulation which saw Aleksandar Mitrovic, Willian and manager Marco Silva be given red cards - to run out comfortable 3-1 winners.

The win sees the Red Devils book a place at Wembley Stadium for the second time this season, with previous visit seeing Man Utd win the Carabao Cup thanks to a 2-0 win over Newcastle United.

Speaking to ITV after the game, Ten Hag was keen to explain how his side have improved throughout the 2022/23 campaign despite playing more games than any other Premier League team:

"We once again showed big character. We've played the most games from any Premier League team, from all the teams in Europe, and we are physically fit and we are mentally fit.

"When we concede a goal we fight back, so I'm happy with this progress. We have [resilience] in the team, the team has leaders, we set high standards and we follow these standards."

When asked about the referee's decision to send Willian off and give Man Utd a penalty for a hand ball on the goal line, Ten Hag said: "It was a clear and obvious hand ball. I go back to last week at Southampton where we saw the same: a hand ball in the box is a clear penalty."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 17 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 19 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off