Obi expresses sadness over ‘lives lost’ during guber, assembly polls

Forum 1 year ago

Obi expresses sadness over ‘lives lost’ during guber, assembly polls

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has expressed sadness over the loss of lives in acts of violence carried out in the governorship and state house of assembly elections on Saturday.

Several incidents of attacks and voter suppression were reported across the country, particularly in Lagos State, where the party had established a strong support based ahead of the February 25 presidential election.

In a tweet in the early hours of Sunday, Obi prayed for a quick recovery for the injured.

“With sadness, my heart goes deeply to the Nigerians who lost their lives and those who were maimed for participating in such a simple thing as an election. My prayers and wishes for a quick recovery of the injured,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 1 day ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 2 days ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order