Polls: Atiku condemns Lagos political leaders over alleged intimidation of voters

Forum 1 year ago

Polls: Atiku condemns Lagos political leaders over alleged intimidation of voters

Former Vice President and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has condemned political leaders in Lagos State over alleged intimidation of voters in the state.

The former Vice President in series of tweets via his verified Twitter handle @atiku on Friday said it was unbecoming for individuals loyal to the ruling party in the state to unabatedly make ethnic slurs aimed at intimidating voters on election day.

Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has scheduled the governorship and state assembly elections for Saturday (tomorrow), March 18, 2023.

I am concerned about how lackeys of political leaders in Lagos State have unabatedly made ethnic slurs aimed at intimidating voters in the state in tomorrow's election.

— Atiku Abubakar (@atiku) March 17, 2023

in the state tomorrow.

I condemn this uncivilised behaviour and also condemn the criminal silence of the security agencies and the political leadership in Lagos State and Abuja on this development.

— Atiku Abubakar (@atiku) March 17, 2023

Beyond that, I find it morally wrong and repugnant for political actors to make broad-day incitements against a particular ethnic bloc in an attempt to intimidate them from voting for their choice candidate.— Atiku Abubakar (@atiku) March 17, 2023

It is, therefore on this note, that I specifically call on security agencies in the country to ensure that politicians and their protégés submit to the rules of democratic fair-play across the country, especially in Lagos State, for the sake of decency and the promotion— Atiku Abubakar (@atiku) March 17, 2023

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm
Forum | 9 mins ago

Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 12 hours ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 14 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 19 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge