Real Madrid have reached an agreement with Karim Benzema over a contract extension, sources have confirmed to 90min.
The 35-year-old was due to be out of contract at the Santiago Bernabeu this summer, and was considering his options after glittering a career in the Spanish capital.
But the current Ballon d'Or holder, who scored the winner for Real Madrid in their 1-0 win over Liverpool on Wednesday night - which secured their place in the last eight of the Champions League - has now agreed to a 12-month contract extension, 90min understands.
Benzema had drawn interest from a number of different parties, ranging from clubs in Saudi Arabia to his old club Lyon, but he will spend a 15th season at Real Madrid after previously intimating that he would be prepared to sign a new deal.
“I am at Real Madrid. I enjoy it, like any other player who can play for Madrid. What happens in football, we don’t know," the Frenchman said earlier in the season.
Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti is understood to have pushed the club's hierarchy to agree fresh terms with Benzema, despite concerns elsewhere over his age, and said over the weekend: "We have to take into account Benzema’s age, but also what he brings. He is our nine. He did well at the beginning of the season and he will do well next season.
“For me, Karim is a lifelong Real Madrid player, I’m clear about what will happen next year."
Benzema is one of the most decorated footballers in recent history. In addition to his Ballon d'Or win in 2022, he has lifted the Champions League on five occasions with Real Madrid, won La Liga four times and 14 other domestic and continental cup competitions.