2023 Oscars: Tems Loses Best Original Song Award

Forum 1 year ago

2023 Oscars: Tems Loses Best Original Song Award

Superstar Nigerian singer/songwriter, Tems, lost the Best Original Song award at the 2023 Oscars which marks the first nomination in the history of the Nigerian entertainment industry.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/14f0c32ab87928ce4f2d017ce058d7cb.jpeg
Earlier this year, the international sensation made history by being the first Nigerian artist to receive an Oscar nomination.

However, at the 95th edition of the Oscars Academy Awards, Tems was unable to secure a win. She was nominated for her work as a songwriter on ‘Lift Me Up,’ a song featured in Marvel’s ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.’

Others nominated in the category were ‘Applause’ from ‘Tell It like a Woman’ by Diane Warren, ‘Hold My Hand’ from ‘Top Gun Maverick’ by Lady Gaga and BloodPop, and ‘This Is a Life’ from ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ by Ryan Lott, David Byrne, and Mitski.

The Oscar for Best Original Song went to ‘Naatu Naatu’ from ‘RRR’, which was composed by MM Keeravani, with lyrics by Chandrabose and vocals by Rahul Sipligunj and Kaala Bhairava.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi
Forum | 4 days ago

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 4 days ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

Oscars Stunt Category Pushed for After The Fall Guy Breaks Record
Forum | 5 days ago

Oscars Stunt Category Pushed for After The Fall Guy Breaks Record