I’ll build more PHCs, Kaduna APC gov candidate promises

Forum 1 year ago

I’ll build more PHCs, Kaduna APC gov candidate promises

The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Kaduna State, Senator Uba Sani, has promised to equip the primary healthcare centres in all the 255 wards in the state to bring healthcare services closer to the people.

Sani, who made this promise during a Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria Kaduna, Hausa phone-in programme on Saturday, noted that Governor Nasir El Rufai has done his best by providing a PHC in each of the 255 wards in the state.

The governorship hopeful said that he would complement the governor’s efforts by providing two additional PHCs in each ward and equipping them as well as staffing them with relevant medical personnel.

The lawmaker recalled that he had earlier intervened in the equipping seven PHCs in his senatorial district in Kaduna North and Kaduna South local government areas, Kajuru and Chikun as well as IgabiGiwa area councils.

“At Birnin Gwari local government area, I have constructed and equipped a whole modern Obstetrics and Gynaecology Centre,” he added.

Sani further said that he did not only equip those seven PHCs but also built staff quarters for medical personnel, adding that that is what he intends to do at the two additional PHCs when voted into office

Speaking on his achievements, the lawmaker said that apart from sponsoring a record number of 32 bills at the upper legislative chambers, he has also provided hostels, built Information Communication and Technology centres in schools and skills acquisition centres across the state.

‘’I have built and equipped an ICT centre at Government Senior Secondary School, Kawo in Kaduna North local government, another one at Government Secondary School, Maimuna Gwarzo, at Kaduna South.

Sani further said that he has also built and equipped another ICT centre at Turunku ward of the Igabi LGA.

“Last month, I laid the foundation of an ICT centre at Kudan local government area to ease the hardship that students encounter when writing JAMB. They have been going to Zaria to write this examination for several years.

“Remember, this is the local government of the gubernatorial candidates of PDP and New Nigerian Peoples Party, people who held public service positions in the past,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated
Forum | 4 days ago

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 1 week ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 1 week ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election