Photo: ''Why We Killed 50 Victims'' - Robbery Suspects

Forum 8 years ago

Photo: ''Why We Killed 50 Victims'' - Robbery Suspects

A 32-year-old robbery suspect, Fashola Adewunmi, has told policemen in Lagos that he and his gang members had killed about 50 victims during various operations. Adewunmi said they had to kill because the victims refused to cooperate.

He added that the gang had also stolen 34 vehicles. The suspect and two of his accomplices, Daniel Kuye (22) and Balogun Mutiu (32) were arrested, at Surulere area of the Lagos metropolis.

He said: “My members and I have killed about 50 people in the course of our robbery operations. Some of these people we killed were those who did not cooperate with us. Rather than allowed them to stand as barrier to our operations and escape, we killed them.”

They were arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) while they were attempting to rob at Randle Avenue in Surulere.

The suspects were said to have robbed a hotel at Iju-Ishaga and disposed the guests of their valuables before proceeding to Coker, Mile 12, Ijesha, Aguda, Masha and Randle Av-enue. They were arrested about 3:40a.m. on Wednesday by the policemen who were on patrol.

The suspects were said to have first started their operation at the hotel, where they collected N450,000 from a guest, identified as Banjo. They also took laptops and phones of the hotel guest.
They disappeared with Banjo’s car. Police have since recovered the car and money.

Adewunmi added: “I have been arrested. I don’t need to hide anything from the police. All I’m asking for now, is forgiveness. My parents should not see me on television screen because of my crime.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
14-Year-Old Boy Killed In UK Sword Attack Was British Nigerian,
Forum | 3 days ago

14-Year-Old Boy Killed In UK Sword Attack Was British Nigerian,

Senior IS Commander Abu Huzeifa Killed in Mali
Forum | 3 days ago

Senior IS Commander Abu Huzeifa Killed in Mali

Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community
Forum | 5 days ago

Two Killed As Armed Herdsmen Attack Benue Community