Lagos Guber: I’m Igbo, Married To Yoruba Woman – Mr P Laments Akere Fire Incident

Forum 1 year ago

Lagos Guber: I’m Igbo, Married To Yoruba Woman – Mr P Laments Akere Fire Incident

Peter Okoye, the popular Nigerian musician who is the other half of the popular music band, P-Square, has cried out over the tribal crisis in Lagos.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dfedb21b7cfacfc9a02be6c8d1d16af7.jpg

He lamented the tribal crisis brewing up in Lagos State over the general elections.

The music artist wants the people to understand that they are being used by politicians who do not care about them but are bent on planting hatred among the different tribes that co-exist in the city of Lagos.

Peter, popularly known by his stage name, Mr. P, made the call on Wednesday following the fire outbreak at Akere Spare Parts Market in Olodi-Apapa, Ajegunle, Lagos.

Yet-to-be-identified persons were said to have set ablaze the market dominated by Igbos, with property worth millions of Naira destroyed over political reasons.

And in a tweet on Wednesday, Mr. P made it clear that the two dominant tribes in Lagos State, the Igbo and the Yoruba, do not hate each other, saying that Nigerians must realise that politicians do not want the best for them no matter what tribe they belong to.

“I am an lgbo man married to a Yoruba woman! Igbos do not hate Yorubas. Neither do Yorubas hate Igbos. Politicians are using tribes as an excuse to cover their evil.

“They don’t like you whether Igbo or Yoruba. They only care about their pockets. Be wiser,” he tweeted.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 3 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

NDLEA Arrests Widow, Pregnant Woman Over N3.2M Counterfeit Cash, Lethal Illicit Substance
Forum | 3 days ago

NDLEA Arrests Widow, Pregnant Woman Over N3.2M Counterfeit Cash, Lethal Illicit Substance