Enzo Fernandez reveals how Graham Potter inspired Dortmund win

Forum 1 year ago

Enzo Fernandez reveals how Graham Potter inspired Dortmund win

Enzo Fernandez has praised Graham Potter's tactical plan during Chelsea's second leg victory over Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2ab05924b0a9313f7a11097d5e3cdaab.jpg

Chelsea were on the brink of European elimination on Tuesday night, having lost the first leg of their round of 16 clash 1-0, but were able to sneak through to the quarter-finals thanks to goals from Raheem Sterling and Kai Havertz.

The game was viewed by many as an absolute must-win for under-fire coach Graham Potter after overseeing a torrid run of form for the club.

In the aftermath of the win, new signing Fernandez was quick to single out Potter and the coaching staff for praise.

“We’re going to be staying on this path and we keep hope things carry on improving. It was a great plan from our coaches for the game.

“We had trust that the team could do it. We had more people running in behind and many people working at the back. We just had to do our jobs and follow that game plan. When we play at home, it helps the confidence of the group. We played really well and we believe in the path that we are working on.

“I am really happy here and I am getting to know my teammates better. I am feeling more confident. We all are after our second win. We hope that we can be the champions again.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid