Christophe Galtier reveals PSG upside to Neymar injury

Forum 1 year ago

Christophe Galtier reveals PSG upside to Neymar injury

Christophe Galtier has admitted that he believes Paris Saint-Germain are a 'more balanced' team without Neymar.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/90a0873d199970fd1cbc1a850b6ac872.jpg

PSG recently confirmed that Neymar will miss the remainder of the season due to the need for surgery on a recurring ankle injury.

Neymar had been one of the most in-form players in Europe prior to the World Cup break, scoring 13 goals and 11 assists.

The injury leaves the Ligue 1 champions without one of their three star forwards, something which many pundits and fans have said may work to their advantage due to the lack of tracking back the trio do defensively.

Discussing this in his pre-match press conference, manager Galtier seemed to agree with this sentiment, stating: "I see there has been a debate around this. It's a loss, clearly. Is the team more balanced? Yes. Is it better like this? I will say that having him is better to score goals."

Galtier's team head into the game in dire need of a result having lost 1-0 in the first leg at home. The manager insisted that, to get said result, his team need to much more aggressive than they were in the first leg.

"Beyond the result I want us to be more aggressive than in the first leg. If we're getting into this game with this mindset we can qualify tomorrow night," he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert