Feb 25 polls: Lulu-Briggs raises alarm over increasing death threats to his wifeFeb 25 polls: Lulu-Briggs raises alarm over increasing death threats to his wife

Forum 1 year ago

Feb 25 polls: Lulu-Briggs raises alarm over increasing death threats to his wifeFeb 25 polls: Lulu-Briggs raises alarm over increasing death threats to his wife

Dr Amoniia Lulu-Briggs, husband to Prof Omiete Briggs, the Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, Rivers State, collation officer for the February 25 elections has raised alarm over increasing death threats to his wife.

Prof. Briggs, damning the threats and refusing alleged cash inducement had announced, amidst tight security protection, results for Port Harcourt City federal constituency 1 and the presidential results for the area, both won overwhelmingly by the Labour Party in the Rivers locality

Lulu-Briggs, the husband, who spoke at the Nigeria Union of Journalists’ secretariat in Port Harcourt, yesterday, said the death threats to his wife, a lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt, continue to come from unknown persons accusing her of manipulating Port Harcourt City results.

He told newsmen: “There have been a viral video, where it emanated from we don’t know but we feel that it was something done within the confines of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

“During the elections, she was under so much pressure to act otherwise. However, because of her belief and her faith, she stood by the results and declared what the people voted for.

“In as much as we thank Nigerians for calling and commending her, on the flip side, there have been so many threats and unknown numbers calling, threatening her.

“She came to serve her country. The purpose of this briefing is to let the security agencies, especially the Inspector-General of Police and INEC know what is happening. This is a non-politician that was called upon to serve her nation. In serving her nation, what we are seeing now is that there are threats to her life.

“The situation is so unbearable for us. In the last two days, we have seen unusual movements around our house. Last night, our dogs were like crazy. This morning, we saw tinted vehicles moving to and from outside our house. So, I had to move her to a safe abode.

“More disturbing is even in the university community. We have to call on the university community to protect her.”

“How else can we save this country if we don’t stand by the truth? I came to let Nigerians, the security agencies, and INEC itself know otherwise it will discourage others from rendering such services to the nation.”

“How do we move the country forward when we start compromising our conscience?

“She has stood by the truth. I am very proud of my wife and I think she has done what she is supposed to do.

“If anything happens to wife, I want the IGP and INEC to know that it was as a result of what came out from this election,” Prof. Briggs added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering

Commotion As Husband Stabs His Own Wife To Death Over Alleged Infidelity In Ekiti
Forum | 2 days ago

Commotion As Husband Stabs His Own Wife To Death Over Alleged Infidelity In Ekiti

Forum | 2 days ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 3 days ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe