Tinubu’s Victory: I’ll Retire From Politics After Governorship Election – Bode George

Forum 1 year ago

Tinubu’s Victory: I’ll Retire From Politics After Governorship Election – Bode George

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Bode George, has stated that he would retire from partisan politics after the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu emerged winner of the 2023 presidential polls.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d0c0eb9466d390c1cf16a239d316aa27.jpeg

George said he would retire from active politics after the governorship election on March 11.

Featuring on Arise News on Thursday, George lamented over the presidential election that produced Tinubu.

The elder statesman accused the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof Mahmood Yakubu of not living up to his promises of ensuring a free and fair election.

He urged Yakubu to allow the will of the people to prevail during the governorship election.

According to George: “I have decided to retire from partisan politics after the governorship election, and I can decide to go and live anywhere. I want a peaceful life for myself.

“I know this fellow (Tinubu) and he’s not for them. If he had gone through the process, I would have congratulated him. You can’t go through darkness to get to light. I can go and live anywhere, it can be Ghana, Togo, or still remain in Nigeria.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
George Miller Has Another Mad Max Movie He’s ‘Certainly Working On’
Forum | 2 days ago

George Miller Has Another Mad Max Movie He’s ‘Certainly Working On’

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 3 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

The Boys in the Boat Blu-ray Release Date Set for George Clooney Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Boys in the Boat Blu-ray Release Date Set for George Clooney Movie