BREAKING: Presidential election: My life under threat – INEC official adjourns results collation in Rivers

Forum 1 year ago

BREAKING: Presidential election: My life under threat – INEC official adjourns results collation in Rivers

The state collation officer for the presidential election in Rivers State, Prof Charles Adias, has adjourned the collation of Saturday’s election results.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8f913fa392174ce2eb4ab0693ec432c2.jpg

Adias adjourned the collation of results in the state over alleged threat to his life by unnamed party supporters.

The Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Otueke, announced the adjournment on Tuesday morning while addressing journalists at the State Collation Centre in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

The collation officer was urged by the Commissioner of Police of the Presidential Election in Rivers, Aderemi Adeoye, to reveal the identity of those threatening his life.

However, Adias insisted that he won’t proceed until the state’s Resident Electoral Commissioner addressed some of the issues of those threatening him, and the faulty Bimodal Voter Accreditation System, BVAS.

Prior to his announcement, results from 21 local government areas have been collated, but two local government areas – Obio-Akpor and Degema are pending.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension
Forum | 1 day ago

BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC
Forum | 1 day ago

BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC

BREAKING: FG Begins Disbursement Of N200bn Palliative Loans
Forum | 3 days ago

BREAKING: FG Begins Disbursement Of N200bn Palliative Loans