#NigeriaElection2023: LP displaces PDP in Abia central elections

Forum 1 year ago

#NigeriaElection2023: LP displaces PDP in Abia central elections

The Labour Party won all National Assembly elections in Abia Central, with the senatorial candidate, Darlington Nwokocha, the House of Representatives candidates, Obi Aguocha (Ikwuano/Umuahia) and Ginger Onwusibe (Isiala Ngwa North and South) federal constituencies winning their seats.

Nwokocha scored 92,116 to win former Peoples Democratic Party’s National Organising Secretary, Rtd Col Austin Akobundu who polled 41,477 and the incumbent Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Representative, Sam Onuigbo, who polled 7,997.

For the House of Representatives in the zone, Aguocha of LP defeated Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, the Speaker of the House of Assembly of PDP for Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency, while Onwusibe of LP defeated a former Chief of Staff and human rights lawyer, Pro. Anthony C. B. Agbazuere of the PDP.

With this result, LP has nailed the coffin of PDP in Abia Central.

Addressing the press Monday afternoon after the Returning Officer, Pro. Udo Herbert announced him as the winner of the Senatorial seat, Hon. Darlington Nwokocha dedicated his victory Io God and the people for voting massively for him

“My victory shows that God is God and it is the will of the people”, he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC
Forum | 5 days ago

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi

PDP NWC Denies Fake Caretaker Committee List In Circulation
Forum | 1 week ago

PDP NWC Denies Fake Caretaker Committee List In Circulation