#NigeriaElections2023: Drama In Borno As Tinubu Maintains Lead In Nine LGAs

Forum 1 year ago

#NigeriaElections2023: Drama In Borno As Tinubu Maintains Lead In Nine LGAs

Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, his leading in Borno State.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c09626051f82a0154cdb9fc92e9a4e47.jpeg

He has continued to lead with 70,892 votes in Borno State, winning in the nine local government areas so far announced by the returning officers.

They include Gubio, Kaga, Magumeri, Mafa, Kwaya Kusar, Konduga, Nganzai, Dikwa and Bayo LGAs.

The former Lagos State governor is closely trailed by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, who has so far garnered 30,948 votes.

Meanwhile, confusion trailed the announcement of presidential results for Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State, despite the ongoing vote count at the local government level.

On Monday, the second day of the presidential collation exercise at Multipurpose Hall 5 of the Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri, the agent of the PDP claimed that votes were still being counted in Konduga when the results were being read at the state capital.

The PUNCH reports that observers on Sunday rejected election results from Gubio Local Government Area because the total votes cast exceeded the total number of accredited voters.

This followed the inability of the Assistant Electoral Officer (Operations) of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Borno State, Zahra Musa, to reconcile the numbers despite two attempts allowed by the Presidential Collation Officer, Prof. Jude Rabo.

The results as announced at the collation centre are as follows:

1. Gubio LGA

APC – 3, 519

PDP – 2, 127

NNPP – 30

LP – 07

2. Kaga LGA 

APC – 5,361

PDP – 2, 608

NNPP – 16

LP – 1

3. Magumeri LGA 

APC – 5, 424

PDP – 3, 399

NNPP – 32

LP – 1

4. Mafa LGA

APC – 14, 821

PDP – 1,077

NNPP – 38

LP – 6

5. Kwaya Kusar LGA 

APC – 8, 420

PDP – 7,254

NNPP – 328

LP – 123

6. Konduga LGA 

APC – 10, 012

PDP – 4, 119

NNPP – 111

LP – 76

7. Nganzai LGA

APC – 3, 468

PDP – 1, 513

NNPP – 12

LP – 01

8. Dikwa LGA

APC – 11, 030

PDP – 2, 773

NNPP – 254

LP – 08

9. Bayo LGA

APC – 8, 837

PDP – 6, 078

NNPP – 220

LP – 26

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 1 hour ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party