Discordant tune as NNPP denies complicity in DSS raid

Forum 1 year ago

Discordant tune as NNPP denies complicity in DSS raid

The New Nigeria Peoples Party says it would be hasty for anyone to link the political platform to the recent raid of a Kano residence where the Department of State Services recovered a gun and other dangerous weapons.

The DSS raid was carried out on a private property along Airport Road, Nasarawa Local Government Area of Kano on Thursday.

Among the weapons recovered were daggers, swords, knives and a gun.

Although the service did not mention the name of the owner of the building, local sources fingered the NNPP as using the structure.

The raid has created bad blood between the DSS and some politicians who allegedly accused the service of witch-hunt and harassment.

A statement released by DSS spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, however described the allegation of intimidation as falsehood.

Afunanya who said the operation was intelligence-driven, further disclosed the readiness of the DSS for Saturday’s elections.

Reacting to the raid, the Chief Spokesman for NNPP PCC, Ladipo Johnson, said it would be wicked of anybody to link the party to the raid when the DSS didn’t mention their name.

A livid Johnson told our correspondent that though they would get to the root of the problem, he suspects a foul play.

“Let’s wait for the DSS to identify the party. How can we tell if this is not an attempt to disparage the party on the eve of a very important election?

“Do you whether some people deliberately placed the weapons there? It is possible. I haven’t heard anything. But we will find out,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie
Forum | 23 hours ago

Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC
Forum | 5 days ago

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC's Salihu Lukman

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 1 week ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan
Forum | 1 week ago

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan