Photo: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects

Forum 8 years ago

Photo: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects

Following arrests made by the police in Asaba, Delta State Police Command last week Saturday as they raided a baby factory behind the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, the suspects have spoken with journalists, explaining the reason behind their involvement.

The police rescued eight pregnant girls and arrested the operator and two other boys. The suspects are now at the Department of Criminal Investigations.

One of the girls, Ihezue (19), who said she is from Imo State, explained that poverty and lack of care pushed her into the business.

She said life had been difficult for her.

“I was looking for work and my brother brought me to Asaba and I was introduced to the operator who offered me job in his proposed polythene producing factory located in Asaba.
That was where the police arrested us,” she said.

Another pregnant girl, Blessing (20), said she was impregnated by her boyfriend in Anambra State. She said the boyfriend denied the pregnancy and ran away while her parents chased her away from home.

“I did not know what to do. Later, I was introduced to the operator of the baby factory, I begged him and he agreed to take care of me. I did not know it was a baby factory until the police arrested us,” she said.

One of the girls,Ibechukwu (15), said she was brought to the home by her sister to spend holidays and engage in vacation job in the polythene factory, but that the operator of the factory later allegedly forced her into the business.

The suspected operator of the factory who gave his name as John Mary, an indigene of Imo state, denied ever operating the baby factory.

He told our correspondent, “I want to make heaven, I’m interested in helping people. You can see I’m not married. The parents of these girls know they live with me, I was ordained a reverend brother in 1995, I have written to Rome about this and they are aware”

Meanwhile, police detectives in Asaba, Delta State have killed two robbery suspects reported to have been terrorising Asaba and its environs in recent times.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Celestina Kalu who confirmed the incident, said the suspects David Ogboi and Sunday Kafedied were killed during a gun battle with the policemen, who acted on a tip-off on Thursday evening around DBS road, Asaba.

She said upon sighting the police detectives, the hoodlums opened fire on them and the police responded swiftly thereby killing the two robbery suspects.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 15 hours ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring