Buhari Is Ignorant Of What The National Assembly Stands For – Atiku Blows Hot

Forum 1 year ago

Buhari Is Ignorant Of What The National Assembly Stands For – Atiku Blows Hot

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has slammed President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/707b9dd26520a678dd85e8735803eb4e.jpeg

He said the President is ignorant of the role of the National Assembly in a democratic setting.

Atiku made the observation in Abuja on Sunday during an interactive session with PDP National Assembly candidates for Saturday’s presidential and parliamentary elections.

“Like what we have currently today, we have a President who does not even understand what the National Assembly stands for,” Atiku told the National Assembly candidates.

The PDP presidential promised that if elected, he would revive the cordial relationship he had with the National Assembly when he served as vice president from 1999 to 2007.

Atiku said: “During my tenure as vice president, I developed a very intimate relationship with members of the National Assembly and it was that relationship that enabled us to stop a third term or life presidency attempt by President Obasanjo.

“So you are going to work with somebody who has worked with the National Assembly before and successfully too, facing the incumbent president and still making sure that we protected the constitution.

“But let me say that it is very important as members of the same party, that we should have a robust engagement and understanding in our respective duties.

“I really look forward to engaging you again, as regard to the National Assembly, for your constitutional functions to further deepen democracy, development and progress of our nation”.

Atiku bemoaned the state of affairs in the country, saying that Nigeria has found itself in one of the most challenging times in the history of its existence.

“You know that we are more divided than ever before because of the activities and the policies of the current APC (All Progressives Congress) government.

“Likewise, our security situation has gone from bad to worse. Our economy is in shambles. These are very serious challenges facing us; you in particular and also the executive.

“We must work together to take the country out of its present predicament and malaise. These are no mean challenges.

“These are challenges that the constitution has bestowed on both of us to discharge…if you are elected and I am also elected, you are not going to work with somebody unknown or somebody who doesn’t have the experience”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 1 week ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law
Forum | 1 week ago

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman