Josko Gvardiol drops massive hint over future Chelsea transfer

Forum 1 year ago

Josko Gvardiol drops massive hint over future Chelsea transfer

RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol has sent Chelsea fans into a frenzy after admitting his desire to continue playing with French striker Christopher Nkunku.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d21587ecbe22f53ff7460a77a865c5a2.jpg

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Nkunku at the end of the season, signing off on the transfer before the World Cup with a view to eventually announcing the agreement once the current campaign is over.

Nkunku's imminent arrival at Stamford Bridge is among the worst-kept secrets in football right now, and with that in mind, Gvardiol's latest comments have left Chelsea fans' mouths watering.

"I have never seen before a player like Christoph, he is unbelievable," Gvardiol told The Times.

"Every time I talk with someone about him I always say: 'Wherever he goes I want to go with him'."

Nkunku will leave Leipzig in the summer to join Chelsea, who were seriously interested in Gvardiol last summer. The Croatia centre-back even admitted to being disappointed by Leipzig's refusal to authorise the transfer.

Chelsea wanted Gvardiol but grew concerned about the finances of a deal and instead turned to Wesley Fofana, who cost in the region of £75m. Benoit Badiashile also joined from Monaco in January for a cool £35m.

Whether Chelsea will retain their interest in Gvardiol remains to be seen. Thiago Silva has signed a new one-year contract but there could be outgoings across the Blues back line, with Kalidou Koulibaly and Cesar Azpilicueta both tipped to leave.

Young Levi Colwill is set to return to Stamford Bridge in the summer as well, having excelled during his loan with Brighton.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 16 hours ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale
Forum | 2 days ago

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale