Three Men Syndicate Prints Fake Driving Licence In Lagos

Forum 9 years ago

Three Men Syndicate Prints Fake Driving Licence In Lagos

Police in Lagos have arrested a syndicate which allegedly printed fake driving licences to unsuspecting motorists in the state. Information learnt that the suspects ? 35-year-old Waziri Akinyemi, Adewumi Muyiwa, 38, and Osoko Lamoni, 32 ? were arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-

Robbery Squad in the Iyana Ipaja area.

Our correspondent gathered that the operatives recovered the machine allegedly used to print the fake driving licences and some other fake documents from the syndicate.

The police said the syndicate had operated for years, adding that the members were nabbed after a tip-off.

Speaking with our correspondent, Akinyemi, from Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State, said he got the software he used for N520,000, adding that he charged as low as N2,000 for each job.

The father of three said financial difficulty forced him into the business, adding that he did not know it was an illegal business.

He said, “I was initially doing this work with a friend called Ismaila. As he was doing the fake printing of the document, I mastered it although I did not know the documents were fake.

“In 2013, I left Ismaila and opened my own shop in Iyana Ipaja. I got the software from him for about N520,000. It is called the Fago Printer.
We also used it to print identity cards. We have a scan jet and laptops programmed to do the job.

“The two other men work with me. I collect N2,000 for every licence processing that they bring from people. Their own commission is N500 per job.

“I knew the licence we got for them was fake.
We were trying to help ourselves survive. I did not know that printing a driving licence was an offence.”

Adewumi from Ile Ife, Osun State, told PUNCH Metro that although he knew they were in an illegal business, he could not quit because it was his livelihood.

He said, “I was hustling to feed myself and my family. I initially did not suspect the licence was fake.

“However, some of our customers started complaining about the papers, and that was when I realised we were printing fake documents. I could not stop because that was where I fed. The police should pardon us.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest.

He said, “The suspects are with us, and investigations are ongoing on the matter.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Christ Embassy Headquarters in Lagos gutted by fire
Forum | 2 days ago

Christ Embassy Headquarters in Lagos gutted by fire

Army nab fake recruitment soldier in Taraba
Forum | 2 days ago

Army nab fake recruitment soldier in Taraba

Davido and Chioma arrive Lagos for their wedding, link up with Chief Priest, others
Forum | 4 days ago

Davido and Chioma arrive Lagos for their wedding, link up with Chief Priest, others

Fake money doubler allegedly murders victim after collecting car, tricycle, other items
Forum | 4 days ago

Fake money doubler allegedly murders victim after collecting car, tricycle, other items