Christian Atsu found dead after Turkey earthquake

Forum 1 year ago

Christian Atsu found dead after Turkey earthquake

The body of former Chelsea and Newcastle winger Christian Atsu has been found following the devastating earthquake that struck Turkey and Syria earlier this month.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d6d7e6c81ac97223f9f76f214de49343.jpg

Over 42,000 people lost their lives to the disaster, while Atsu's whereabouts had been unknown ever since the earthquake hit on February 6.

Reports that he had been found alive, which had initially been confirmed by Atsu's agent, were unfortunately disproven and it has now been confirmed by the Ghanaian's representatives that he has been found dead.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well wishers that sadly Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning," agent Nana Sechere revealed on Twitter.

"My deepest condolences go to his family and loved ones. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support."

Atsu, who was on the books at Turkish side Hatayspor, was 31 at the time of his death.

The winger came through the youth setup at Porto before his move to Chelsea in 2013, and he would go on to spend time on loan with Vitesee, Everton, Bournemouth, Malaga and Newcastle, eventually joining the latter permanently in 2017.

A move to Saudi side Al Raed followed four years later, before Atsu moved to Turkey in September 2022.

In total, Atsu managed 80 appearances in the Premier League, scoring three goals and adding a further seven assists.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 5 hours ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series
Forum | 19 hours ago

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason
Forum | 19 hours ago

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason

Traditional Ruler
Forum | 1 day ago

Traditional Ruler's Son, Three Others Dead As Rival Groups Clash In Bauchi