Why I Am Supporting Peter Obi To Be Nigeria's President - Chimamanda Adichie Gives Reasons (Video)

Forum 1 year ago

Why I Am Supporting Peter Obi To Be Nigeria's President - Chimamanda Adichie Gives Reasons (Video)

Multi-award winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has revealed why she decided to support Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of Labour Party for president.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cff4be51db0b6e201e3cbf2de4fad388.jpeg

In an Instagram post, Adichie gave reasons for her support.

She said: “The basis of my support for Peter Obi is because I think that he would make a very good president. I am an Igbo woman and I am very proud of him in a way that one is proud of a person who has achieved something and who also happens to be from one’s place.

“But there are also many other Igbo men who I admire or respect or I am proud of but I will never vote for them for president because I don’t think they would make good presidents

“And so, the basis of my support for Peter Obi is because I think he would make a very good president. I think it’s unfortunate that we often turn our opponents into caricatures and I don’t think that’s necessary.”

She added: “What is important to think about is not how can we demonise any opponent but rather who is the best and Peter Obi is by far the best.

“And one thing that is so significant is how he has changed, completely changed the political landscape in Nigeria, we have never had this organic grassroots enthusiasm from people all over the country.

“And most of all we’ve never had this sense of hope, I’ve always believed that there is nothing more essential to the human spirit than hope.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe