Man City scout Inter's Federico Dimarco as left-back search continues

Forum 1 year ago

Man City scout Inter's Federico Dimarco as left-back search continues

Manchester City scouts have been impressed by Inter's Federico Dimarco during their search for a new left-back, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/363715b9e32ed7c03890a91031201030.jpg

The Italian international has been one of Inter's standout performers during the 2022/23 season, keeping Robin Gosens out of I Nerazzurri's starting XI due to his outstanding form.

Known for his ability to delivery deadly crosses into the box and drop into central midfield positions when needed, it's clear why City would be interested in Dimarco and sources have confirmed to 90min that scouts have been thoroughly impressed.

Joao Cancelo is expected to leave the club on a permanent deal at the end of his loan move to Bayern Munich. The Bundesliga side are looking to negotiate a reduction from their €70m option to buy, but other sides are also keen.

Indeed, both Chelsea and Real Madrid have expressed an interest although Cancelo's current preference would be to remain in Munich.

Sources have told 90min that Dimarco is one of the players than Inter would consider selling this summer after being told by owners that funds need to be raised through departures, and a fee of around £40m has been touted.

However, Inter would prefer not to sell the left-back and may prioritise other sales, including goalkeeper Andre Onana, who has attracted interest from Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 21 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances