Erling Haaland: Man City played like champions in win over Arsenal

Forum 1 year ago

Erling Haaland: Man City played like champions in win over Arsenal

Erling Haaland has hailed Man City's 'champions' performance in their 3-1 win over Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6ebe9df742e63cc2d5c477b011363781.jpg

Man City had been outplayed for large periods of the first half of the game on Wednesday evening, but turned on the style in the second half to earn a crucial win.

Haaland was among the goalscorers for the Citizens during that second-45 performance, and after the game he gave his thoughts on the win and performance to Amazon Prime.

"City are, 'we' not me, are the champions so you can say so, yeah," he said.

"Small adjustment in half-time from Pep and in the end we have good quality players and we have to get it out of every player and we did today.

"We have to play a little bit more like this sometimes and that is what we did today - I am so proud of every guy here and so happy to be here. We can all agree [Arsenal] has been the best team this season so to come and play against them is not easy, but we played an amazing game and got three really important points - we are in it again.

"I am so happy with everything, we needed this one and now we have to go on a run, because that's what Manchester City should do."

That win saw Man City leapfrog Arsenal in the Premier League table thanks to their superior goal difference, but the Gunners' faithful will take solace in the fact that they have a game in hand over their rivals.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash