Atiku, Obi Can’t Match My Track Records - Tinubu Boasts

Forum 1 year ago

Atiku, Obi Can’t Match My Track Records - Tinubu Boasts

Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, has boasted that none of his opponents in the the 2023 presidential elections can match his track record.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b7946a3105dcd43223d540c1f19490bf.jpg

The former governor of Lagos state claimed that during his time as governor, he unveiled a “legacy of technocratic governance which was instituted by enlisting talent from the private sector. Insecurity and crime were tackled through better funding the police force”.

In an opinion piece published in The Economist, Tinubu said, “For this vital task, I have a track record my competitors cannot match. During my tenure as governor of Lagos between 1999 and 2007, the state went from being a difficult, often dangerous place to a development success story.

“We quadrupled state tax revenues, putting those funds directly to work through investing in public services and infrastructure. A legacy of technocratic governance was instituted by enlisting talent from the private sector.

“Insecurity and crime were tackled through better funding the police force. Investment and the business sector thrived. Today, Lagos would rank among Africa’s ten largest economies and does not rely on oil revenues to fund its budget”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Portable blows hot over VeryDarkMan’s response to Obi Cubana
Forum | 19 mins ago

Portable blows hot over VeryDarkMan’s response to Obi Cubana

Verydarkman heavily blasts Obi Cubana following his recent remark
Forum | 3 hours ago

Verydarkman heavily blasts Obi Cubana following his recent remark

We’re only platform to give Peter Obi victory in 2027 – Labour Party
Forum | 4 hours ago

We’re only platform to give Peter Obi victory in 2027 – Labour Party