Premier League clubs interested in Ecuador starlet Kendry Paez

Forum 1 year ago

Premier League clubs interested in Ecuador starlet Kendry Paez

Ecuadorian teenager Kendry Paez is emerging as one of the most in-demand talents in South America, but his club Independiente del Valle are not looking to sell their prized asset, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c6195591f311843e47cf9c9bcae7fb9b.jpg

The 15-year-old midfielder was the star of last year’s Next Generation Trophy hosted by Red Bull in Salzburg where Independiente made the final, and his performances at the tournament caught the eye of a number of clubs.

Since then, Independiente have ben inundated with interest. Sources close to the club have confirmed that they have already turned down offers, with one of the clubs understood to have bid being Chelsea.

90min understands that a host of Premier League clubs - up to a dozen - are interested. Along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle are believed to have spoken to Paez's representatives to register their interest. We can confirm that Brighton - who are obviously well versed in the Ecuador market - are also keeping tabs on the player's progress.

Paez is very much on the radar of clubs throughout Europe too with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzeig, Inter and Atalanta all watching him in the last six months.

Paez is seen as Ecuador’s next big hope, following in the footsteps of one-time Independiente star Moises Caicedo – currently seen as one of the Premier League best young midfielders.

Caicedo himself was wanted by some of the world’s biggest clubs before opting to join Brighton.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 4 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 6 days ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]