I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court

Forum 9 years ago

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court

A 58-year-old mechanic, Sabitu Jimoh, has pleaded with an Alagbado Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve his 26-year-old marriage with his wife, Afusat, over threats to his life.

Sabitu, who lives at 39, Babsalam Street, Alagbado, Lagos, told the court that his wife wanted him dead.

Jimoh described his wife as a witch, alleging that she accused him of ‘spoiling’ her charm when he entered her room.
[ads4]
“She does not care for me, she stopped cooking for me 20 years ago. I have tried to manage her but I have realised that she cannot change.

“She comes home late every night and does not listen to me. At every slight opportunity, she abused me. She is adulterous. At times, she won’t come home for a week and her phone number was never available. I heard she is having an affair with a tout in the garage where she sells her wares.

“When I tried to correct her, she slapped me thrice. She said I wasn’t going to witness last December. I thank God I am alive,” he said.

Jimoh told the court that if he accepted his wife back, his life would be in danger.

“I am tired of the marriage, please dissolve our union,” he said.

But 53-year-old Afusat denied the allegations, saying: “I am neither a witch nor fetish. I am also far from adultery.”

She said all she wanted was a settlement, adding that she was sorry for everything she did.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 12 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello