Premier League nearing £488m sponsorship deal with EA Sports

Forum 1 year ago

Premier League nearing £488m sponsorship deal with EA Sports

The Premier League is close to finalising a fresh £488m sponsorship deal with video game publisher EA Sports.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a14472741c4caa9b8f03a15b5b8cfadc.jpg

The North American developer are currently the Premier League's official video game partner and leading sponsor.

Sky Sports News report the Premier League have agreed terms on a sponsorship that will be worth more than twice its current annual amount.

The 20 current top-flight clubs were informed of the new six-year deal by the Premier League at a meeting earlier this week.

Sky's report adds that this fresh sponsorship has helped reinforce the notion that the Premier League is the most financially lucrative in football amid news of fresh European Super League proposals.

The partnership with EA Sports sees their logo used on Premier League graphics and equipment, while they are able to use licensed stadiums of every top-flight club in their FIFA video game series.

From next season onwards, EA will begin producing games without the FIFA name attached to them, ending a 30-year association with world football's governing body.

Games from the 2023/24 season will be released under the name 'EA Sports Football Club'.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 5 days ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]