Thomas Frank reveals David Raya price tag amid failed Brentford contract talks

Forum 1 year ago

Thomas Frank reveals David Raya price tag amid failed Brentford contract talks

Thomas Frank has admitted that David Raya could be sold by Brentford after the two parties failed to agree terms on a new contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e8e52ab3458d8e4e890adc511807c7ae.jpg

The Spain goalkeeper revealed earlier this week that he had turned down two fresh offers from the Bees with his current deal set to expire in 2024.

Raya has proven himself as one of the Premier League's finest stoppers since Brentford were promoted to the Premier League in 2021, and 90min understands the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham are interested in a summer deal.

Frank was quizzed about Raya's comments ahead of Brentford's trip to Arsenal on Saturday.

"I think if he turns it [a contract offer] down twice then unfortunately that's a signal," he said. "We made two really good offers but that's fine, it's a free world. We can't force anyone.

"That said, David has been amazing for us, coming from Blackburn three-and-a-half years ago.

"In the first season, for me, he was the best 'keeper in the Championship and then was involved in the play-off final. He made a mistake there but we told him, 'you will come back stronger' and the year after, we did it.

"He has taken that form into the Premier League and I think he's one of the best 'keepers in this league right now. He's very focused and every day he's here, I'm happy.

"He's one of the captains and he is leading with his performances and his behaviour. He's a top character.

"I hope he will stay forever but it looks like it could be difficult with the contract situation.

"He must be [worth] at least £40m plus. If he had three years [left on his contract] it would be £70m. How much was Kepa? He is at least as good as him."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 23 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert