You Must Accept Election Results – CAN Tells Tinubu, Atiku, Obi

Forum 1 year ago

You Must Accept Election Results – CAN Tells Tinubu, Atiku, Obi

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN has called on presidential candidates in the upcoming election to accept results when they are announced.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/de3a5925ebf6bba6431ae4b683749b27.jpg

CAN said the results should be accepted whether it favours the candidates or not.

CAN also insisted that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, must put every necessary measure in place at this point to give Nigerians a credible, free and fair poll.

CAN said this in a statement signed by its president, Archbishop Daniel C. Okoh, and made available to reporters in Abuja on Friday.

CAN made it clear that election is not war and should be seen as a period of peaceful transition of power.

On security, the Christian body called on the authorities to put the necessary machinery in place, especially in communities vulnerable to attacks and ensure that no citizen is disfranchised owing to the precarious security situation in parts of the country.

“[We] call on all the political parties and candidates seeking elective positions during the forthcoming general elections to accept the results of the polls in good faith in the interest of Nigerians and the unity of the country,” CAN stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 3 days ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 4 days ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 6 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion