Graduate "Muhammed" Killed by Assasins One month to Youth Service.

Forum 9 years ago

Graduate "Muhammed" Killed by Assasins One month to Youth Service.

The life of a 26-year-old graduate of Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State, Muhammed Adamu, has been cut short by hoodlums who stabbed him and dumped his corpse on Ijora Road, in the Apapa area of Lagos.

Muhammed was said to be awaiting his call-up letter for the National Youth Service Corps scheduled for November when he was murdered on Sunday evening.

A community leader in the area, who saw the body, was said to have alerted policemen at the Layeni Police Division from where it was taken and deposited at a mortuary in Yaba.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased had joined a mast construction firm in August to make some money pending the release of the NYSC call up-letter.

His father, Mr. Sardauna Adamu, told our correspondent that the deceased had attended a wedding ceremony of one of the staff members of the company on Saturday.

He said, “On Sunday, he received a text message that they should meet at a hotel in FESTAC Town for an after-party. He said the party was organised for just members of staff of the company.

“He left the house around 4pm and that was the last time I saw my son alive.”

Sardauna said when Muhammed did not come home, he went to his office on Association Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos, and was told that his bosses had also been wondering why he had not resumed for work.

His friends, who attended the party, were however said to have overheard the deceased receiving a call around 7pm at the Sunday party to meet with someone at Suru Alaba.

Sardauna said, “We went to Alaba Suru and searched, but we didn’t find him.

“So, we reported at the Layeni Police Station which was close to the place. They told me they saw his corpse on the road and they had taken him to the mortuary.

“I want the police to make a thorough investigation into my son’s killing. I believe some people killed him and took his corpse to Suru Alaba to make it look like he was killed there.

“He was a gentle and hardworking son who had been preparing for his NYSC when these wicked people took him somewhere and killed him.”

A member of the company, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent that the late engineering graduate had been persuaded not to leave the party on the night of the incident, but he refused.

“Even the bride, who works in the company and in whose honour the party was held, asked him if he was going to see a girl or a man, but he didn’t answer.

“He just said he had to leave the party because the call was urgent,” the source said.

A police source told our correspondent that the killers took the phone of the deceased along with them to frustrate investigations.

He said, “After stabbing him to death, they took his phone so that they will not be easily traced. But the long arm of the law will catch up with them, no matter how hard they try.”

Meanwhile, friends of Muhammed have started paying tributes to him, with some describing his death as shocking.

Our correspondent, who visited his Facebook page, observed that his posts varied from criticism of social vices among the youth to issues of corruption in the country, unemployment and religion.

One of his last posts read, “Many lives have gone, but I’m still alive; not that I’m better than those people that are no more, but it is the will of God.

“If I recall the date I was brought into this world and compare it to my present life if there is no progress I would never thought of graduating from my primary school, secondary school, Islamic school and higher institution and now planning for my NYSC in November.

“God, you’re too much, I will keep on glorifying your name because you’re worth it. I want to tell my departmental friends that I missed you guys so much and wish you safety, joy, success and favour to any place you’re posted to….I love you all.”

One of his friends, Yahaya Ibrahim, who commented on the post wrote, “Life, oh life, why did you steal him away from us? After writing such article in your honour, you still took away his breath; life oh life, I can’t just watch and see that my friend is no more.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

He said the police were already investigating the murder, adding, “Somebody has been arrested in connection with the crime.”

Source : http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/assailants-kill-graduate-one-month-to-national-service/

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 15 hours ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary
Forum | 1 day ago

Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community
Forum | 1 day ago

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community