Erik ten Hag reveals decision on Casemiro red card appeal

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag reveals decision on Casemiro red card appeal

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has provided an update on whether the club will appeal the three-game suspension handed to Casemiro after picking up a red card.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f2ee1f3d94d1cbd850d4ac4995350dec.jpg

The Brazilian was shown his marching orders in Saturday's 2-1 win at home to Crystal Palace. With the Red Devils two to the good and cruising to victory, Casemiro put his teammates under pressure when he was sent off for grabbing Will Hughes by the throat - an incident picked up by VAR amid a melee between both sets of players.

Though Jeffrey Schlupp pulled one back for Palace, United just about managed to hold on and claim the three points.

Ten Hag bemoaned post-match that United were contemplating an appeal, but ahead of Wednesday's trip to rivals Leeds, admitted that they would not be launching one.

When asked if United considered an appeal in the days after the red card, Ten Hag replied: "Consider, yeah. Still it's for me not the right decision but I don't think we have a chance in a legal process.

"I always have to play with the players who are available and we have a squad, we have many good players in our squad who are also not playing in the starting XI and I have to do it. After a game I can't say Casemiro is not there."

Casemiro will now miss the double-header against Leeds this week as well as the visit of Leicester next Sunday, though will be eligible to take on Barcelona in the Europa League.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 22 hours ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth