Naira Scarcity: There Is An Alliance Between Atiku And CBN – Ganduje

Forum 1 year ago

Naira Scarcity: There Is An Alliance Between Atiku And CBN – Ganduje

The Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje has made a shocking allegation against the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/638a5de24f22f598566b038f6b0d1c65.jpg

He said Atiku and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) worked together to impose an unfeasible cash policy that is affecting the masses.

Ganduje further stated that elements from the annulled June 12, 1993, presidential election are regrouping to undermine Nigeria’s democracy.

The Kano State Governor stated this while reacting to the ruling of the Federal High Court in Abuja, which stopped the CBN from extending the 10-day deadline set for the currency swap.

Ganduje, in a statement released through his Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, accused the CBN and supporters of the naira redesign policy of being rigid in the implementation of the cash policy.

He claimed that they are rigid about the policy despite the widespread outrage by Nigerians, including the National Assembly and state governors.

Ganduje said the support of Atiku for the policy shows that he and the apex bank are allegedly undermining the country’s democracy.

He noted that the insistence by the CBN on the implementation of the policy, even in the absence of necessary technological infrastructure, is an ominous sign for the nation and could hinder smooth elections.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 6 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 18 hours ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown
Forum | 18 hours ago

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown