New Naira: Buhari’s Meeting With Governors, Others Cancelled

Forum 1 year ago

New Naira: Buhari’s Meeting With Governors, Others Cancelled

A meeting scheduled for Tuesday between President Muhammadu Buhari and state governors has been cancelled.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/571269aff36bf67bf9cea590418e1023.jpeg

The meeting was supposed to hold on Tuesday.

A senior Presidency source who spoke with Punch late Monday revealed that Buhari would meet the governors to discuss, among other things, the nationwide crisis trailing the Central Bank of Nigeria’s new naira policy.

The cancelled meeting comes only four days after the President met with governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress after which he appealed to Nigerians to give him seven days to resolve the crisis.

Although no reasons were given for the cancellation of Tuesday’s meeting, The PUNCH learned that it was agreed that no major decision could be taken until the end of the seven-day window given by the President last Friday.

Buhari briefly met behind closed doors with the chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State; the chairman of the Progressives Governors’ Forum, Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State; the central bank governor, Godwin Emiefele, and the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, AbdulRasheed Bawa.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Alien: Romulus Image Teases Close Look at Xenomorph
Forum | 1 day ago

New Alien: Romulus Image Teases Close Look at Xenomorph

Senate, House Of Reps To Resume Plenary In New Chambers
Forum | 2 days ago

Senate, House Of Reps To Resume Plenary In New Chambers

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller
Forum | 2 days ago

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller