2023: I Will Ensure Free And Fair Elections - Buhari Vows

Forum 1 year ago

2023: I Will Ensure Free And Fair Elections - Buhari Vows

Just days to the 2023 presidential election, President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to ensure a free and fair election.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8c6a85b7b03f06435b9365c27bbb9a68.jpg

President Buhari gave the assurance on Thursday when he received the Secretary General of the World Customs Organization Dr Kunio Mikuriya who is in Nigeria for a Global Conference on Fragile Borders.

He underscored that in spite of the usual excitement and gamesmanship that accompanies campaigns, he will ensure that the elections are conducted in a peaceful and conducive atmosphere.

The President further stated that Nigeria and her neighbors must place a higher premium on the effective policing of borders, underlining that the fragile nature of entry points into various countries simply enhances terrorism, economic sabotage, and illicit flow of arms.

Meanwhile, the Head of the WCO Dr Mikuriya, whose fourth visit it is to the country, has asked the Customs Services to go beyond mere revenue generation and delve into security.

He noted that the nation cannot effectively secure revenues without security at the borders.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Naira Appreciation: FCCPC Vows To Monitor, Investigate Price Hike
Forum | 2 days ago

Naira Appreciation: FCCPC Vows To Monitor, Investigate Price Hike

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 2 days ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje