Man arraigned in Lagos for marrying second wife

Forum 1 year ago

Man arraigned in Lagos for marrying second wife

A man identified as Edmund Uzoma has been arraigned before a Yaba Magistrates? Court, Lagos State, on charges of bigamy after he married a second wife.

He was arraigned before Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun on three counts of bigamy and falsification of information on a marriage certificate after marrying one Sophia Yongxian, at a wedding registry. Uzoma was also accused of claiming he's a bachelor even though he's married.

The prosecutor, Idowu Osungbure told the court that Uzoma committed the crime in 2019. The offence is punishable under sections 411 and 115 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State and Section 370 of the Criminal Code Act Cap. C. 38 Laws of the Federation, 2004.

The charge against him read;

?That you, Edmund Uzoma, of Lekki Road 15, Golden Gate Apartment, Lagos, on or sometime in 2019 in Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit; bigamy, and false statement and declaration.?

After Uzoma pleaded not guilty to the allegation, he was admitted to bail by the magistrate in the sum of N1m with two responsible sureties in like sum.

Magistrate Olatunbosun said one of the sureties must have landed property in Lagos. The case was then adjourned till March 15, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 36 mins ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 hour ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 7 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 15 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise