Photos: Oyo State's PDP Secretariat Put Up For Sale

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: Oyo State's PDP Secretariat Put Up For Sale

Oyo PDP crisis deepens as secretariat is put up for sale

We all know that the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo state is not a strongly united house. But I was surprised last evening when I found out that the state secretariat of the party located at Mokola area – very close to the University College Hospital Ibadan, has been put up for sale or lease by a real estate company.

Two options came to my mind – could this really mark the end of PDP in Oyo state or is the party moving to a much bigger facility?

The party in the state has a lingering internal crisis that many believe was responsible for its dismal performance during the last general elections in the state as extensively reported by IBPulse. The Oyo PDP primaries for the 2015 governorship elections led to the exit of several strong (and rich) members of the party including Engineer Seyi Makinde who joined the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and former governor Adebayo Alao Akala who later became the flag bearer of the Labour Party (LP).

[ads4]

Rashidi Ladoja of Accord Party was also a strong member of the PDP until he abandoned the party.
With the secretariat now up for sale, one begins to ask what happens to the party, where will the meetings be held and who is the head of the party in the state?

Many questions begging for answers. But I have none for now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions
Forum | 3 days ago

Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 5 days ago

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025

PDP Accuses Aiyedatiwa Of Plan To Use N50bn Daycare Funds For Election
Forum | 6 days ago

PDP Accuses Aiyedatiwa Of Plan To Use N50bn Daycare Funds For Election

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community
Forum | 1 week ago

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community