FG Backs US Visa Ban For Democracy Saboteurs

Forum 1 year ago

FG Backs US Visa Ban For Democracy Saboteurs

The decision of the United States of America to impose visa sanctions on those undermining democracy in Nigeria is being supported by the Federal Government.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b6b7b9f62b3f7c655e87df8c3c42c83b.jpeg

The FG asked the US to feel free to ban democracy saboteurs. 

It also said there is no going back on the May 29 handover date by President Muhammadu Buhari. 

It said no President has been unambiguous about leaving office after two terns than Buhari.

It said no administration since Nigeria’s return to democratic rule in 1999 has shown more fidelity to the democratic process than Buhari’s. 

It clarified that the Buhari administration has not been mired in any third-term controversy like under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). 

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed made the government’s positions known at the 20th edition of the PMB Administration Scorecard in Abuja. 

He said: “Let me respond to the numerous requests that we have received from the media on the decision by the United States of America to slam a visa ban on some Nigerians who are undermining democracy.

“Let me be clear: whatever action is taken against anyone who undermines this democracy that has been watered by the blood of many of our patriots is right and justified.” 

Mohammed said Buhari has shown more fidelity than other past Presidents. 

On the forthcoming general elections, Mohammed insisted that there was no security threat. 

He added: ”The President has also given unprecedented support to INEC while also signing into law the Electoral Bill 2022 that Nigerians have hailed as a reason to have confidence in the electoral process.

”Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, you must also not forget our firm response on this same podium on Jan. 10th 2023 to inquiries from the media over a widely-circulated report, credited to an INEC official, that the 2023 general elections face a serious threat of cancellation due to insecurity. 

“We said and I quote, ”the position of the Federal Government remains that the 2023 elections will be held as planned. Nothing has happened to change that position.” 

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 14 hours ago

SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

SPORT 38 mins ago Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars
Forum | 14 hours ago

SPORT 38 mins ago Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna
Forum | 18 hours ago

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna