Why Many Celebrity Marriages Fail - BBNaija Star, Phyna Speaks

Forum 1 year ago

Why Many Celebrity Marriages Fail - BBNaija Star, Phyna Speaks

Phyna, a former Big Brother Naija housemate, has talked about why celebrity marriages fail.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6b58021d70e7ebaa2947021e8bb4f302.jpeg

She gave her two cents on why many marriages in the Nigerian entertainment landscape fail.

The reality TV star, in a recent feature on TVC, also spoke of the hurdles that her likes face while struggling to hit the limelight.

She said, if she were to change anything in the industry, it would be to platform more upcoming entertainers.

“I would start giving opportunities to upcoming entertainers, especially the females. We face lots of hardship in the industry. I think I would change that and give all female entertainers that platform,” she said.

Phyna spoke of the “fake it until you make it” mantra that many upcoming entertainment stars uphold in Nigeria.

“Only they know what’s there to fake. Even fake life is now more expensive. The money you would spend on living the fake life, you can live a decent and real life from it. So faking it till you make it is really nonsense,” she added.

Quizzed on the frequent marital crisis among entertainers, Phyna blamed those who take their fame to the head.

“[An entertainer marrying another entertainer] is nice because they both understand what they’re doing. They both understand the business, so when I tell you I’m busy, you’d understand. But a non-entertainer don’t,” she said.

“You just need to be at the table with someone that understands. Many celebrity marriages fail because most of them front the celebrity life. When I’m with my boyfriend, I don’t even look like celebrity or talk celebrity.

“I’m like any normal girl. It’s when you start bringing in talks about you being this and that in a marriage that you start having problems. Make your relationship like that of normal people with normal lives.

“That way, it’s going to be successful. We have celebrities that have a successful marriage now.”

Last October, Phyna won the 2022 edition of BBNaija, defeating her rivals to snag the N100 million grand prize.

The reality star, born Josephine Otabor, has continued to pull her weight in the entertainment space.

In November, she was appointed as a youth ambassador in Edo state.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 1 day ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

BBNaija Star, Mercy Eke Hospitalized
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija Star, Mercy Eke Hospitalized