Update: UNICAL Probes Death Of Student In School Hospital

Forum 1 year ago

Update: UNICAL Probes Death Of Student In School Hospital

The University of Calabar (UNICAL) has commenced an investigation into the demise of a student, Precious Mhenuter, at the institution's medical centre.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2f8712acb6d97b1af2d6b7243be8067d.jpeg
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Florence Obi directed the Medical Board of the institution to present its report on or before February 2.

Precious Mhenuter, a year 3 student of the Department of Library and Information Science, died on January 28 at the UNICAL Medical Centre.

A statement on Sunday by the Registrar, Gabriel Egbe said the school values the lives of students and is devastated by the painful loss.

Egbe announced that the board will probe the circumstances surrounding Agini’s admission, treatment and care.

The board is also to determine if the death could have been prevented and examine the roles played by the staff of the medical centre in managing the patient.

“The Board is also expected to establish the veracity or otherwise of allegations of carelessness or negligence of duty and advise on how to avoid a reoccurrence
,” Egbe added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 17 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 17 hours ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music
Forum | 18 hours ago

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 23 hours ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo