2023: APGA supporter allegedly beaten to coma by Ebubeagu men in Ebonyi

Forum 1 year ago

2023: APGA supporter allegedly beaten to coma by Ebubeagu men in Ebonyi

Ebubeagu operatives have been accused of assaulting Amobi Ujar, a member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, in Ebonyi State, sending him into a coma.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6a885db2acc1f2169c8d0f7de92d9ee9.jpg

It was gathered that the victim, Ujar, allegedly got a call from a supposed Ebubeagu informant who lured him to Amaehara village, in Afikpo North Local Government Area of the state, where he was allegedly beaten to a coma by the operatives.

It was alleged that Ujar was forced to hang the campaign banner of Governor David Umahi on his neck and coerced to make a ‘confessional statement’ against himself and his party, APGA.

A source from the area told DAILY POST that the victim, being an auto-technician felt he was called to fix a faulty vehicle for some holidaymakers.

The source equally alleged that agents of the All Progressives Congress party who make up the Ebubeagu Outfit had been destroying campaign materials of opposition politicians in the area.

He condemned the matter in which the victim was allegedly framed-up and assaulted

“Amobi is just a child of circumstance. He was in his house when someone, who works for the APC, called him and asked him to come to Why Worry in Amaehara village, Afikpo North LGA, but nothing further “All of a sudden, the Ebebeagu people bounced on him and started beating him” he stated.

Recall that a senatorial candidate for Ebonyi South Zone, in the 2023 general elections, Ifeanyi Eleje, had alleged that members of the Ebebuagu Security Outfit, invaded his house in the Afikpo North council and carted away valuable items.

He alleged that his life and those of his family members were under threat, adding, “As we speak now, I am not in my house, for fear of being attacked or possibly killed” he alleged.

According to Eleje, “I don’t know why they went to my house. I went out early this morning for an exercise and all of a sudden, my mother called me and announced that Ebubeagu people were in my house” he said.

Reacting to the allegations, the Ebubeagu Commander, in Ebonyi State, Friday Nnana-Ujor, confirmed the incident, adding that Ujar was not framed-up but was arrested while destroying banners belonging to APC candidates in the area.

He said: “Don’t call it an attack, because an attack is war-like. But the truth of the matter was that the suspect, who is an APGA supporter in Afikpo North was caught tearing billboards of APC candidates and so, my men arrested him” he stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 1 day ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover's Wife In Borno

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 1 day ago

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat