Adeleke Writes INEC: Don’t Issue Certificate Of Return To Oyetola

Forum 1 year ago

Adeleke Writes INEC: Don’t Issue Certificate Of Return To Oyetola

Ademola Adeleke, the governor of Osun State, has asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to issue a Certificate of Return to Gboyega Oyetola, the former Osun governor.

The governor made the request following a judgement by the election tribunal.

Recall that the Osun State Election Petition Tribunal had on Friday sacked Adeleke as governor.

The ruling was given by a three-men panel led by Justice Tertse Kume.

The majority judgement which was read by Kume said Oyetola scored the majority lawful votes of 314, 921 against Adeleke’s 290,266.

Countering the directive given to INEC by the election petition tribunal, Adekele has urged the electoral body not to issue a certificate of return to Oyetola, the authentic winner of the election. Interestingly INEC said it won't appeal the judgment to avoid further embarrassment. This, in other words, means INEC has accepted the judgment and it is ready to execute the ruling.

You rigged an election through over-voting and you're asking INEC not to issue certificate of return to the rightful winner. Where is our moral? The same person will say armed robbery is a crime and should be punished.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 3 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 5 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido