PDP Reacts To Sack Of Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke

Forum 1 year ago

PDP Reacts To Sack Of Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has reacted to a ruling by the Osun Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sacking Ademola Adeleke as Governor of the state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fc1fec1cf33c69487c3a1e60b66ee199.jpg

The ruling was delivered on Friday. The party has now vowed to upturn the verdict at the appeal court.

The tribunal had, in its judgment, declared former Gov. Adegboyega Oyetola of All Progressives Congress, APC, as the authentic winner of the July 16, 2022 governorship election in the state a 2-1 split decision.

However, another member of the three-man panel delivered a minority judgment in which he affirmed Governor Ademola Adeleke of PDP as the winner of the election.

But speaking to journalists after the delivery of the judgment, Counsel to PDP, Mr Nathaniel Oke, faulted the tribunal’s verdict.

He added that necessary legal step to challenge the judgment would be embarked upon by the PDP in order to get Adeleke’s mandate back.

He said that the majority judgment might not be the position of the court, adding, however, that the PDP stood with the minority judgment which, he said, showed the true picture of what transpired at the election.

You will recall that it was only two people who gave judgment in respect of the July 16, 2022 election,” he said.

Oke said Adeleke’s mandate would be retrieved at the appellate court.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 7 mins ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 11 mins ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 5 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 6 hours ago