Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba Calls Out INEC Over PVC Collection

Forum 1 year ago

Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba Calls Out INEC Over PVC Collection

Nollywood actor, Williams Uchemba, who is deeply concerned about the upcoming 2023 election, has called out officials of the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4e9ba7eb031f699fd24a673303e2e8bd.jpeg

He called them out over their attitudes towards Nigerians seeking to collect their voters’ cards.

He lamented that the electorates are being subjected to difficulties in their quest to collect their cards at INEC centres across the country.

There have been videos of eligible voters crying out over how they are being treated by some staff of INEC who go as far as collecting money before releasing the cards.

The Abia State-born actor via his Instagram account shared one of the videos of some Nigerians protesting not being able to pick up their Permanent Voters’ Cards, PVCs, from their respective zones.

Uchemba lamented that most registered voters are told by INEC officials that the PVCs are either “not ready or cannot be found” stating that, INEC cannot disenfranchise people and expect a free and fair election.

According to him, he “hopes INEC is ready for what is coming.”

He urged the electoral empire to do the needful in order to resolve the matter.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 13 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

NOUN notice on collection of Matriculation Gown
Forum | 1 day ago

NOUN notice on collection of Matriculation Gown