Brighton in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over Mykola Matvienko

Forum 1 year ago

Brighton in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over Mykola Matvienko

Brighton & Hove Albion are looking into a deal to sign highly-rated centre-back Mykola Matvienko from Shakhtar Donetsk, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4e913f384df1be10abc603ddfe1b4b81.jpg

The 26-year-old has been the lynchpin in Shakhtar's backline for a number of years, while he has also been capped 52 times by Ukraine since making his senior debut in 2017.

Sources have told 90min Brighton, who are now managed by ex-Shakhtar boss Roberto De Zerbi, are in talks over a deal.

Shakhtar are demanding a fee in the region of €25m, though the Seagulls are currently reluctant to pay more than €15m. A potential loan with a view to buy is also being discussed by the clubs.

However, Brighton are not the only side in for Matvienko. Fellow Premier League sides Brentford, Leicester City and West Ham United have been offered the chance to sign the defender, while there is also interest coming from Italy and Germany.

90min reported in April 2022 of Brentford's initial interest in Matvienko back when they were also intensely following Mykhailo Mudryk.

Matvienko is also capable of playing at left-back and has also filled in at right-back for Shakhtar at times this season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie

I Don
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Don't Regard Her - Daniel Regha Talks About Rift With Toyin Abraham