See Why Governor Aregbesola Refuses To Dance At House Of Assembly Speaker Party

Forum 8 years ago

See Why Governor Aregbesola Refuses To Dance At House Of Assembly Speaker Party

On August 8, Saturday, Rauf Aregbesola, the governor of Osun state, attended the birthday party of Najeem Salam, the House of Assembly speaker.

The governor who usually enjoys dancing on such occasions did not do so because he owed workers’s salaries.

“You know I’m a Kokoro (good dancer). I would have loved to dance but a debtor doesn’t dance.

“You know I owe the workers and that is why I cannot dance. Just bear with me today,”he explained.

A musician from Oranmiyan who performed at the party electrified the guests with certain songs that give hope. He called on the governor to dance away his worries, but Aregbesola reportedly refused.

Daily Trust reports that the governor used the occasion to clear the air on the allegation of mismanagement of resources levelled against him by Justice Falahanmi Oloyede.

“Debt is a bad thing and I’m being careful with what I do because of the fact that I owe Osun workers. But you will hear a lot from me once I pay the outstanding salaries of our workers between August and September. Then, I can dance”, he said.

The governor described Justice Oloyede, who called on the House of Assembly to impeach him, as a liar who wants to mislead the people.

Meanwhile, Yinka Odumakin, human rights activist and social crusader, on behalf of a group Osun stakeholders has submitted a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission accusing Aregbesola of financial recklessness and corruption.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Senate, House Of Reps To Resume Plenary In New Chambers
Forum | 14 hours ago

Senate, House Of Reps To Resume Plenary In New Chambers

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Aiyedatiwa’s Campaign Coordinator Assassinated

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 5 days ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says