Wolves complete signing of Craig Dawson from West Ham

Forum 1 year ago

Wolves complete signing of Craig Dawson from West Ham

Wolverhampton Wanderers have announced the signing of Craig Dawson from West Ham United.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bd1c8df6d6366e27ef91ebdc23c667a1.jpg

The 32-year-old had spent the last three seasons in east London but slid down David Moyes' pecking order this term.

Dawson came close to leaving West Ham in the summer and while a move away did not materialise at the time, he has now completed a transfer to Wolves on two-and-a-half year contract.

He becomes Wolves' fourth signing of the January window, with Julen Lopetegui having already added Matheus Cunha, Mario Lemina and Pablo Sarabia to his squad.

West Ham confirmed in a statement that they did not want to let Dawson leave, but sanctioned the move regardless.

"Craig made very clear his wish to be granted the move for personal reasons, and whilst the Club was reluctant to agree to the transfer, he leaves with our thanks and appreciation, and we wish him well in his future career," a statement from West Ham read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham