Iranian man who beheaded 17-year-old wife and carried her head in public as part of 'honor killing' after years of perpetuating domestic violence on her is jailed for eight years

Forum 1 year ago

Iranian man who beheaded 17-year-old wife and carried her head in public as part of 'honor killing' after years of perpetuating domestic violence on her is jailed for eight years

A man who beheaded his 17-year-old wife and smiled while carrying her head in public, has been sentenced to eight years in prison in Iran, the Iranian judiciary says.

There was global outrage after images emerged of Sajjad Heydari carrying his young wife, Mona's severed head in Ahvaz after the so-called "honour killing" in 2022.

Mona had been married to her husband since the age of 12 and had given birth to their son when she was only 14.

Local media reported that she had fled to Turkey after allegedly being subjected to domestic violence by her husband, who had refused her requests for a divorce.

She had returned to Iran a few days before her murder last February because she had reportedly received assurances from her family that she would be safe.

Iranian man who beheaded 17-year-old wife and carried her head in public as part of

Sajjad Heydari then beheaded and paraded her severed head in the streets of the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz in an attempt to prove that he’s an honorable man.

Footage of the scene was posted online showing him smiling.

Mona Heydari’s killing, which was reported on February 5, is the latest publicized case of an "honor killing" in which mostly women are killed by their male relatives on the grounds they dishonored their family for any number of alleged moral failings -- including eloping, committing adultery, requesting a divorce, or even unfounded accusations of tainting the family's reputation

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Mohbad’s Wife Should Sue Those Questioning Liam’s Paternity – Tolanibaj
Forum | 3 days ago

Mohbad’s Wife Should Sue Those Questioning Liam’s Paternity – Tolanibaj