Eddie Howe confirms Chris Wood medical at Nottingham Forest

Forum 1 year ago

Eddie Howe confirms Chris Wood medical at Nottingham Forest

Eddie Howe has confirmed Chris Wood is close to sealing a move from Newcastle and Nottingham Forest.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/064cc0bdaad0fad274d1e13d89e06599.jpg

The Magpies told the New Zealander he is free to leave the club this month and Forest soon came forward as potential suitors as they eye more goals up front to keep them in the Premier League.

A medical was booked in ahead of the loan transfer and Howe has revealed Wood is now putting the finishing touches on his move away from St James' Park.

He said: "Chris is having a medical with Nottingham Forest as we speak so that’s the situation.

"He’s been a huge player for us. I have to say he’s been outstanding in every way. When we signed him we were in a very difficult league position. He played a huge part on the pitch to help transform the team.

"This season he has been excellent both on and off the pitch in terms of his leadership and positivity when he’s not played. I can’t underestimate the role he’s played.

"It was a difficult decision because you have to take into account the player and his wishes but also it’s a very good deal financially for the football club."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat
Forum | 1 day ago

The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 2 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 4 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star