Abbyke Domina; Celebrity designer/stylist dishes on her 'hot' pieces, inspiration and more

Forum 7 years ago

Abbyke Domina; Celebrity designer/stylist dishes on her 'hot' pieces, inspiration and more

Abbyke Domina shares the secret to creating sold out pieces, aspirations, humble beginnings and more in an exclusive chat with Pulse TV.

The designer/creative director of eponymous brand; Abbyke Domina was an entrepreneur in the UK before relocating back to Nigeria where she started working on her passion which berthed her brand that has since become popular.

Domina reveals her love for the simple things of life, effortless but chic looks and her love for stylish pieces made herstart her own label which has since been catering to celebrities in Nigeria and abroad.

Domina who also creates a periodical shoot; 'The Celebrity Shoot' which has featured Annie Macaulay Idibia, Beverly Osu, Victoria Kimani and more popular tells Pulse TV the idea behind the editorial for the e-magazine.

On her mode and inspiration for celebrity styling, the designer shares she gets her inspiration from everywhere; "I get inspired by things around me, I like to go online to check for inspiration, If I see something someone is wearing as well and I go I can do better. I love great fabrics and get inspiration from there as well.

On the idea behind her popular 'The Celebrity Shoot' series; "I came up with that idea because I love to celebrate women and people. A lot of people have been celebrated in the past and later on people just forget them but they were wonderful during their own time so I do this to bring back those good memories as well as the people who are doing well, they should also be celebrated".Focusing more on casual pieces due to high demands at the moment, the designer reveals her red carpet designs are for now made to order. Having shown her designs at Glitz Fashion Week, Domina reveals the brand is definitely not resting on its oars.

With admiration for iconic Nigerian designers like Deola Sago eand Lanre Da Silva Ajayi whom she's set to launch an exclusive edit with the Abbyke Domina is for the stylish lady who loves simple but chic designs.

She opens on a lot more in an exclusivechat with Pulse TV.

She has indeed had a fantastic music year going on many tours in and outside of Africa, promoting her album and singles.

Enjoy the one minute clip of her energy.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 1 week ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Monkey Man Video: Dev Patel Reveals Inspiration Behind Directorial Debut Movie
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Monkey Man Video: Dev Patel Reveals Inspiration Behind Directorial Debut Movie

I Was A Professional Fashion Designer Before Stardom – Portable
Forum | 1 month ago

I Was A Professional Fashion Designer Before Stardom – Portable

I Didn’t Lose – Laide Bakare Celebrates After Defeating Chizzy Alichi In Celebrity Watch (Video)
Forum | 2 months ago

I Didn’t Lose – Laide Bakare Celebrates After Defeating Chizzy Alichi In Celebrity Watch (Video)